You will come to learn on this blog that I am a huge advocate for “real” food. I believe our society relies way too much on the over-processed convenience foods. I also know in our current state of busyness that we need to have easy-to-grab items at our disposal.
My kids are huge granola bar fans. And, well, so am I! Years ago I spent many dollars on “snack bar” items. Now, I prefer to make my own so I know exactly what is in them. They are less expensive and much more delicious! It makes me happy to provide something nutritious and yummy to my family. I came across a recipe a few years ago by My Humble Kitchen. I’ve tweaked it slightly to create a recipe that suits my family – peanut free and also gluten free. My oldest son has a peanut allergy. No gluten allergies here, but I do try to cut down on the amount of gluten we consume.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Do you have any healthy snack recipes to share?
- 1 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 melted coconut oil
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all except for coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before lifting out of pan and cutting.
- Alternate recipe: Replace chips with 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips for another yummy granola bar!